Thursday, October 15, 2009

Goal Check!

October is officially half way over, and I figured it was time for me to do an update on my goal progression for the month.

My goal for October was to earn $200 by the end of the month through freelance work, sites, and other projects that I mention here. For the sake of simplicity I'm just going purely off of deposits made into my paypal account and monies sent to me in check form for the month at hand.

This means that pending payments and checks that are in the mail to me will not be included. Only cash that I already have access to will be tallied. It is important to note though, that with any Freelance or IC work I do will also count for whatever month I receive payment during. So even if a project ends at the ended at the end of September, but didn't pay out until October - it would count in for October.

Right now, I'm thrilled (and proud) to say that I'm right on par with my goal! Half way through the month and my PayPal balance is at $102.97 with the first deposit of the month being from YouData on October 2nd.

Here's the breakdown so far (cash totals may differ slightly from earned totals because of PayPal fees):

YouData: $1.97
LiveWork: $66.19
Cloud Croud: $34.81

Total: $102.97

I'm really proud of this, although it isn't a full time income - it's a great start especially since I'm just starting out with these programs and many of them (like Cloud Crowd) will be expanding and growing with me over time as well.

Thanks so much for sticking by me and keeping me encouraged, feel free to comment and share your input and successes!

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Awesome! Your blog is very helpful. I currently work from home with my 4 month old daughter. My office is allowing me to telecommute but I'm not certain how long they're going to allow me to continue, and I assume it will be sooner rather than later that they'll expect me back. So, I'm trying to build up some online projects to see if I could also make a go of it that way and not head back to an office. I do not want my child in daycare so young.

The Freebie Addiction said...

Great job! I'm looking forward to growing with CloudCrowd too, I just hope they get more work.

Tonya said...

So - I've been playing on Livework's site - and dang - are those tests for real? I thought I was a pretty smart gal, but I'm having a bear of time! Did you take some of those tests? I couldn't even pass the English grammar test! And I have a BA in English!!

JPowell said...

Pop - I'm thinking that once they get things a little more worked out it should be fine. I don't think they've had any work up today at all, and last night the page was down all together. Hopefully it won't take long for them to get things straightened out!

Tonya - If you have a lot of experience you might also want to check out FreeLance.com I'm not overly familiar with it but the jobs there tend to require more experience/qualifications which (I assume) means you can earn more. If you're not a member of the Wahm.com forums, you should sign up there as well. It's a great resource!

I only did a few of the tests on livework (typing tests and things). I had intended to do others, but I never got around to it since I got busy with my blog hehe The good thing about the tests is that you don't have to show the results if you don't want to ;)

It's also good timing to have signed up, I just got mail earlier from one of the providers that there should be new tasks soon and they'll only be taking about 100 people per team on 5 teams.

There will be two different projects, short and long answer, with different pay for each.

I'm hyped!

Post a Comment