Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Another Couple of "For Fun" Sites

I'm unsure of the status of this one currently, but am researching it. The site itself is of good quality and I'm really impressed with their staff as well, but it seems the gift certificate offer was not through them directly. I will update when I find out more.

I just stumbled into a new beta site that is giving out $25 gift certificates to new members who complete 2 simple tasks.

Step one, find 20 businesses on their website that you're familiar with and give them good feedback. This took me about 15 minutes to do because I started blanking out on companies that I really wanted to promote. You can choose to comment on small business, restaurants, auto shops, hospitals, pretty much anything - it's really an interesting idea.

The variety of places they have listed on the site is really impressive as well. For example, they include a small shop owned by my boyfriend's father - it's tiny, and maybe a year old, but is still available for review on their site. They include small family run shops as well as chain grocers, and even fire companies make the list!

Step two is just as simple, refer 3 additional users to the site so that they can spread the word about the places they love as well.

-------
I also signed up for Lockerz which is similar to ClubBing in that you earn points and turn them in for really awesome prizes (mp3 players, digital cameras, etc), however the point accrual is slower so the prizes are cheaper. It only takes a couple minutes to log in and earn points, but they are an invitation only site. It took me a while to track down someone to invite me, but I finally did earlier today. They're doing some pre launch maintenance today so the site may be up and down a bit.

I've earned 34 ptz (their term for points) today by logging in, answering their daily questions (which happened to be what blog do you visit most often lol), and playing a simple game where ptz fall from the top of the browser and you move the mouse back and forth to catch as many as you can. All that took less than 5 minutes.

The prize I'm currently eying (although I haven't looked at them all) is a Sony Cybershot 12.1 megapixel camera for 500 ptz. They also have video games for 100 ptz, game systems for 250-375, make up, jewelry, and many other prizes.

Unfortunately, both sites lack actual referral links which makes it a bit of a pain - current users actually have to email out an invite from the site using their form. If you're interested enter your email here and tell me what you want an invite to (both or just one, doesn't matter to me)

I'll send your invite(s) as soon as I get your form :)

Feel free to include any other info you'd like... comments on my blog (good or bad), inspirational stories, improvement ideas, etc.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

What is the new beta site, mentioned above?

Thanks,
:)
Wendy

JPowell said...

I PM'd the general info to you on wahm :)

The Freebie Addiction said...

thanks for signing up under me through lockerz. =)

and could I possibly get the information on the beta test site as well?

JPowell said...

Sure, the site is ALikeList.com (I just did a new write up on it). You can check it out anytime, but to be eligible for the $25 Cert I'd need your email to invite you :)

Post a Comment