Tuesday, October 13, 2009

IMShopping and IMReportCard

So I started putting a bit of time into a new find. IMShopping is a site where you can ask questions about merchandise and/or answer questions about merchandise.

Supposedly they select people periodically to become "Shopping Assistants" which means that you get money for each question you answer. However, until you're selected to do that (don't ask what the qualifications are, I don't know and neither does anyone I talk to) you can answer questions for "tips" of up to $2. To actually get the tip you have to be selected as the best answer.

I've only messed around on the site a little bit, answered 9 questions, and I've won best answer on 2 of those! The 9 I've answered also includes one I did before I had a clue what I was doing. Once you reach $40 you can cash out.

I think that if you put some decent time into it, it could be profitable. I haven't done it yet, but I plan on creating a schedule for myself and putting an hour into IMshopping daily to see what kind of turn around I can get from it.

Here's the first question that I was selected a winner for: Where can I buy a chemistry set for my daughter? at IMshopping

_____
Another site I've come across that has potential is IMReportCard. This is a site for grading and reviewing all kinds of financial oriented websites and programs. You get points for everything you do on the site, and you also earn points for anything your referrals do.

You get 50-150 points for writing a comment on a review, 10 points for grading a site, 1 point for rating other comments - etc. Each point is worth 1¢ and when you reach 2000 points ($20) you can cash out.

The site is legit, and has great earning potential BUT before you can do any rating you have to comment on something and get your comment approved. That's the hard part. It took me a couple weeks to come up with something that I could comment on because you have to have first hand detailed knowledge of it - and most of the more familiar ones (like TrekPay, YouData, etc) are closed because they've gotten enough comments already.

Regardless, at the very least, it's a good site for background checking sites before you sign up with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment