Sunday, October 18, 2009

IMShopping

So I've been spending time on IMShopping a little more regularly lately. Nothing serious, but I've been answering 4-5 questions almost daily for the past few days.

I hold by my previous statement that it could be profitable to work on cash questions alone. 4 out of 5 that I did on Thursday (I think it was Thursday) won the $2 tip yesterday when they finished which is pretty awesome. Right now I've answered 22 questions, gotten best answer on 7 (some other answers are still pending), and gotten 6 additional thumbs up.

I've only been signed up since October 3rd, I haven't put consistent time into the site until recently, but I've still managed to earn $14 with them which is nearly a dollar a day. At that rate IMShopping could account for 7.5% of my end goal (or more) monthly.

Their community manager has also recently made an exciting announcement about hiring, and new ways to get paid:
IMshopping will begin hiring from our site starting on October 27th. We will be inviting community members to become paid Shopping Assistant Guides at that time. In order to be invited, you must answer 25 questions on our site to showcase your research skills.
View the full post here.

I do however think that their most recent update has decreased the number of tip questions though, because all the questions I asked used to pay $2 from the site, and they no longer do - so if you're looking to try and get hired, I'd suggest jumping in now!

6 comments:

The Freebie Addiction said...

So are you an actual IMshopping assistant guide? I got invited by someone on the wahm forum to try and become one, but I answered a question last night and it said answers didn't qualify for tip. So, I'm assuming because I'm not an actual guide, that's why. I received positive feedback on my answer too. lol

JPowell said...

I'm not a shopping guide yet, although I expect to be once they open hiring because I have some really good stats (even though they're low). 25 answered and 11 as best now!

Don't get down yet, I think once the question expires the person who asked has a day to pick, and then if they don't do it someone with the site picks.

Until then it lists as "answer didn't qualify for tip". It's really rare that answers really don't qualify.

Remember that to get "best answer" there has to be more than one answer to the question as well.

The Freebie Addiction said...

Hmm.. thanks for clarifying. Guess they didn't like my answer then. lol Even though I thought I did decently considering the question asked. =P

JPowell said...

Yeah, sometimes I don't understand why I don't get the win either. I've seen some answers that I feel aren't as great as mine win - but I figure that maybe they picked a certain item that the asker liked better or something along those lines.

I need to get back at it though, I haven't done any answers in a couple days >_<

The Freebie Addiction said...

Well, I guess the site is kind of confusing. Even though it said no answers qualified for a tip. It eventually gave me the best answer win. So, that meant the person who asked didn't award it?

But, I like this site so far. It's a lot better than ChaCha since I can actually give a descriptive answer on stuff I know about. lol I'm up to 2 wins, with 5 more pending and I've only answered 8. Wee!

JPowell said...

Yeah that's what I meant when I said to give it a while after it expires. I usually wait about two days after the time is up on the question to go check (if I don't get a win email before then).

I think the poster gets a day to respond. Then the site officials pick after that time is up.

I've only answered one question that ended up not qualifying for a tip, and quite honestly the question was terrible and both answers were 1 liners. "How do I make my PS3 into a dvd player". I snuck an answer in during the last 30 seconds to answer it on the off chance we actually got paid for it, I didn't expect to on that one though lol

Post a Comment