Monday, October 12, 2009

ALikeList and Crowd Cloud

Just a quick couple of updates.

First I've been sending out invites to everyone who has contacted me about ALikeList and the $25 Super Certificate from GiftCertificates.com.

Last night though it was brought to my attention by a fellow blogger, that their invite had gone to their spam folder! The user was a gmail member, so if you're still waiting on your invite and you used a gmail address, please check your spam. The subject should read something along the lines of "Check out AlikeList - a new way to find local businesses".

If you still can't find it in your spam then feel free to request another invite.

I know some gmail users found their invite without a hitch because they signed up very quickly after I sent it, but some still have invites sitting in pending status.
____________
Cloud Crowd is still going strong! I've made $30 since I started (proof), and I've never spent more than a half hour on the site in a day. I didn't actually fiddle with it much over the weekend though because of the maintenance they're doing.

Right now they're working on fixing a few different bugs and putting in some anti cheat precautions. Apparently a lot of scammers were just going through the work and putting in gibberish, approving incorrect work, and passing completely unedited work.

Not only is this harmful to the whole set up, but it was hurting the Credibility rating of the legit workers, and it was taking away money from us at the same time since these cheaters were getting it instead of us.

They're doing a few updates so tasks may be unavailable for a day or two, but you should still sign up ASAP so that you can start building up your Cloud Crowd and can jump right in when the work gets reopened.

It shouldn't be long from now, and they've also said that they have a data entry project coming up in the near future!

As soon as one of the project managers updates us, I'll update you ;)

2 comments:

The Freebie Addiction said...

oh, I didn't know that was the reason. I thought it auto-detected what you were fixing or writing.

Dang people! I have a feeling one of the people who signed up under me was doing that since he earned 30 dollars quick. /Sigh

JPowell said...

Nope, unfortunately they didn't launch with any sort of cheat detection built in - so people were just copying and pasting from the website and submitting for "edits".

There were also people just click click clicking on the non typing jobs, and sending them through without looking at the sites at all, or that's what was assumed since they were sending through 5 pages in 10 seconds lol

I wouldn't write your referral off yet though, if he was doing actual rewrites and has any sort of experience with it, it was probably legit. I referred someone who happened to be an ESL major (lucky find haha) and they tear through rewrites like nobody's business.

Post a Comment