Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November Goals

Phew, what a day! I haven't even made my goals post yet, and I've already accomplished some of them - that's what I call a good start to the month. This month my goals are more multifaceted than they were for October since I was just starting out at the time. I'm still taking baby steps though to make sure I don't bite off more than I can chew.

So here they are, my goals for the month of November:

1. This is the obvious one, predetermined at the birth of this blog - to earn $300 worth of spendable cash by the end of the month. That means that only money that makes it to my bank account or PayPal account will be included in the tally.

2. Create (and consistently utilize) a daily schedule. I've taken on a lot of little eggs, and now it's time for me to focus more on nurturing them while still adding a couple to the stash. Each egg requires a certain amount of attention and it's time to find out how much so I can maximize my earnings.

3. Sign up with a freelance writing site and write at least 4 articles during the month to start getting my feet wet. Technically I've already started working on this one with Textbroker - I signed up and was accepted yesterday and I submitted my first article. I'm waiting to see if it makes the cut or not. I'm toying with the idea of setting up with a residual income sight like Associated Content as well though.

(Oh! They accepted my article - the acceptance email mentioned something about revising and rating the article in 2-7 days, but they seem much quicker than the estimates they give from what I've seen. Regardless, I've gotten $4 in my account for my 400 word article, which is great since they allow you to request payouts at as little as $10.)

4. Find a new private contract freelance gig. Technically I've accomplished this as well and am doing a trial run today, but I don't think I want to count it for this goal because even though it was already on my mental goal list, the job came into existence before I officially made this post.

All right, I think that was all of my goals for the month, or at least I hope it was! Time to get busy working on that schedule - too bad I'm better at making them than I am at sticking to them hehe

What are your goals for November?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

My goals are to build up some good jobs and work harder on my blogs. I hope to be able to find a few more good non-phone eggs soon! I keep looking.

JPowell said...

Holy cow, great page rank and back link ranking on your blog, I wish mine was up that high haha

I'm still working on even getting it listed on search engines. I didn't know that wasn't an automatic thing (that tells you how new I am to blogging)!

Thanks so much for sharing your goals. You've got a month to accomplish them and it looks like you're on the right track :) I saw your IMShopping post, not sure if you got selected to come on a Guide or not - but even as a standard member you can earn cash with them which is nice.

Aside from the eggs I have on here the only thing I can think of to recommend is some freelance writing (either for a site like TextBroker, or a residual income site) or just through a freelance site like Elance.

Monika said...

Hi! I signed up under your peoplestring link, and will be signing up for more of these sites such as IMShopping really soon. I'm just getting started, only 4 eggs in my basket so far ... so seeing how well you are already doing with these is very encouraging! =)

JPowell said...

Monika, Thanks so much for the feedback and the sign ups!

It looks like you're on the right track seeing the eggs you have listed on your blog. Once Live Work and Cloud Crowd get their program issues straightened out it'll be great.

I'm super testy about LiveWork taking over a month to get a new set of queries up, but it'll be nice when they do.

Congrats on your little one, and little one to be ;)

Let me know if you find any good eggs I haven't mentioned, or if you need any help with anything I have!

Post a Comment