Wednesday, November 4, 2009

SurveyHead and Opinion Outpost

All right! Two quick notes -

First of all I had requested my payout with SurveyHead back on 10/21 I requested my first $25.50 payout from them (after being with them less than a month) and I just heard back today that my request has been approved! So that part took about 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, they said it can take up to 4 wks for the deposit to actually be made, but I'm assuming it will be quicker than that.
__________
The second note is about another survey site that I've come across. Opinion Outpost is a pretty good site, but I've found that I'm not really receiving a lot of surveys. I've been with them for about 3 weeks now and I've only earned $4.30, but their surveys are really enjoyable and different from those featured on other sites.

They also offer a referral bonus of $2.00 for each referral who completes a survey with them which is pretty great.

The other great thing about Opinion Outpost is that they only require a $5 minimum to cash out. I'm hoping that the longer I'm with them the better they'll get about sending surveys.

4 comments:

The Freebie Addiction said...

That's odd.. sometimes I get them twice a day from Opinion Outpost. But, lately it's been sparse as you say.

JPowell said...

Hopefully it picks back up, I like their surveys - just wish there were more of them!

Denise said...

I was wondering if you have to claim any of these payouts on your taxes since they are so small....

JPowell said...

Denise, please don't take this as financial or legal advice, but my understanding of that sort of thing has always been as follows:

If you have more than $600 in unclaimed (untaxed) income you have to report it to the IRS.

Some people say $600 per site, but I strongly disagree with that. I genuinely believe that the threshold is $600 in general.

Some sites will stop paying you if you get close to that threshold with them personally and will require you to send in a W9 before they pay you again because at $600 they have to send in info to the IRS themselves.

It's important to keep in mind that even if you only earn $100 from a site, their bookkeeping records will have that in them. So if that company is audited, the IRS will know who they paid and could start snooping around.

I figure better safe than sorry!

Post a Comment