Monday, November 9, 2009

Progress and my new signature!

We're a week into November and I'm chugging along to the best of my ability. Here's a summary of my non monetary goal progress (or lack of in the case of one of them):

1. Create (and consistently utilize) a daily schedule. I'm still trying to figure out a good way to schedule things for myself - but because so many of my eggs require random attention through out the day it's made it difficult to actually create a normal hour to hour schedule.

Instead I've decide to schedule a certain number of tasks per site to accomplish with those sorts of eggs and I'm working that out. My goal is to have a solid number for several sites set up by the time my head hits the pillow tonight.

2. Sign up with a freelance writing site and write at least 4 articles during the month to start getting my feet wet. Like I said when I posted this goal, I'm signed up with TextBroker which technically takes care of one part of it... so far I've written two articles with them totaling up to $6.60. I could do more, but I'm still trying to warm up to it all. It can be a lot of research for each topic, but it really can be a decent earning project if you put the work into it.

3. Find a new private contract freelance gig. I think I may have this one taken care of which is exciting. I miss counted earlier I'm actually up to 4 or 5 private contracts right now, not
  • One ongoing forum oriented ($40-50 a week earning potential).
  • One week to week VA position (earning potential kept private).
  • One ongoing ad posting job ($15 a week earning potential).
  • One trial content writer job... this one is a lot more work than the others and a low per word rate, but it has a higher overall earning potential which makes up for it. I'll be doing the trial this week to see if I can continue on. If so it will last 1-2 months minimum with $100+ weekly earning potential.
  • I also need to touch base with a prior client that I never collected payment from because it was a very loose spare time job, it's similar to the first job on this list with the same earning potential.
__________
In other news, I've finally found a program that will let me tinker around with graphics, and so I used it to create a signature for my posts! I know, it's nothing major or amazing, but I'm really happy.

What's crazy to me is that there are people out there who charge $15-25 for a tiny little image like that they probably spend less than 5 minutes on - talk about overkill! I'll admit that it took me a little while to figure out how to get it to work, but that was because the program was brand new to me hehe

I'm considering offering a service like that as I figure things out, only I'd offer it at an affordable rate... Like $3 for a signature or something like that.


12 comments:

Lydia said...

Hi, I happened across your site...very interesting. I do a number of the companies you do too and enjoy them. I highly recommend Pine Cone research if you ever see an opening. They are more of an "exclusive" survey company and only have openings every so often. But they pay $3 for every survey and you get paid via Paypal immediately. So keep your eye out for them and sign up if you can...you won't be disappointed.

Also, I thought I'd recommend HCD Research at

https://www.hcdsurveys.com/panel/join.cfm?referralid=230321

I've been really pleased with them and it is something a little different. You get to watch a short video and rate it as you watch it- super easy. I think you might enjoy it.

I was wondering if you could give me more info on CloudCrowd. I am interested in joining, but would like to know exactly what kind of work you do to earn the money.

You have a great site and do well at explaining things! Happy earning!

JPowell said...

Thanks tons for the suggestions, I'm actually with both of them - although I don't remember when I signed up with HCD.

I just got my first survey from Pine Cone last Thursday so I'm waiting to see how long the payout turnaround is before recommending them openly.

As for HCD(click to visit their site) I don't even remember the one survey I've taken with them, but I prefer to get a few under my belt before referring people.

They seem solid though, I've earned 410 points with them which isn't terrible considering I've only had one qualifying survey :)

In terms of Cloud Crowd, the work offered varies based on what they need done. I haven't tinkered with the new categorization tasks but the other four basically worked as follows:
* Find foreign manufacturer websites
* Grade websites found by other users
* Rewrite text on websites found by other users
* Grade the rewrites done by other users
They're pretty simple tasks overall :)

The Freebie Addiction said...

LOL wow, where are people selling signatures for $15 dollars. I'm not super excelled with paintshop, but I do like to create my own banners with the help of added pictures.

JPowell said...

Lol Pop, I don't want to actually call them out, but I've seen a lot that charge that much.

For instance the site my background is from charges $15 for a signature, $20 for a favicon, $30 for a Horizontal navigation bar, and $50 for that bar if you want an image...

It's insane! My next layout update will be nav bar hehe, not necessarily one with a fancy background though lol

Lydia said...

Thanks a lot for the info...and I saw after I posted my comment that along the left side of your blog you had something about HCD. Sorry!

I'd say too that 410 points isn't bad. I've done several surveys but they've all only been 50 points, however they only took about 5 minutes.

Theody said...

Hi, i follow your blog very often. Great job you are doing.I signed up for IM report card with you as my refferer.I also write for Bukisa & Today.com. You may like Today.com. You get paid to blog.Just wanted to share.

JPowell said...

Oh no! Don't apologize haha, plus I actually didn't add HCD to the side until after you reminded me about it (haha)

To put the icing on the cake, I got my first check from Pine Cone 30 minutes after your post! lol

JPowell said...

Theody, thanks so much! I've heard a lot of people mention Bukisa lately, but this is the first time someone's mentioned Today.com

I'll check them both out, any tips or general info for either?

Theody said...

Writing for Bukisa is like writing for ehow.You post content & earn revenue at the same time.You also get paid for referring friends.
Today.com- you have a blog hosted on Today network. You are paid $1 for a 100 word post,$5 for any person you refer. I am still very new at this.I blogged about it here http:theodysblog.blogspot.com

JPowell said...

That sounds great, I signed up for both under you - once I get set up with Today.com I'll have to make a post because it sounds like an excellent source of extra cash.

Theody said...

That is so kind of you. Thanks.

JPowell said...

It's what the blog is all about! Helping each other find ways to earn.

I always use referral links for that very reason haha :)

Post a Comment