Friday, November 6, 2009

KGB, IMShopping, Maintenance

I did my KGB Simulation yesterday, a few of the questions came back with remarks that they could have been answered better, but most of them came back saying they were good.

I should hear back soon about whether or not I'll be accepted. I'll let everyone know as soon as I do.
__________
A lot of you know that I had IMShopping training earlier this week, I've accumulated some info so that I can spread the word for them in regards to being a Paid Guide with them.

Requirements:
  • 16+ years old
  • Answer 25 questions
Pay Information:
  • 35¢ per Answer
  • +65¢ for a Thumbs Up (=$1.00)
  • +1.00 for a Best Answer (=$2.00)
  • Cut off for pay roll is Monday 9AM, payments are processed around 6PM EST
  • Lots of bonus contests as well!
They also have some merchants that they work for with higher pay scale and are making constant updates to make the site and work better for everyone. If you're interested in signing up with IMShopping, I'd say go for it! If you already have (because of something you've read here) please let me know here!
__________
Also, just as a side note, you may notice a few changes occurring on the blog over the next week or so. I'm going to be tinkering with the layout and hopefully my tinkering will be an improvement (lol).

If you see something you do (or don't) like, feel free to comment and let me know!

4 comments:

The Aldi Mom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JPowell said...

This is what Kristal said: "I signed up for IM! :) XXXXX with your refer link. I have some points, I answered a couple questions under earn money, but I didn't get chosen to get the money I am guessing. Do you get money every answer you give or does the person have to select your answer to get the money? "

Hey Kristal thanks so much! I deleted your comment because I didn't want your email getting snatched up by any one who may crawl through the blog with unsavory ideas in their heads ;)

It can take up to 3 days to find out if you won or not. I usually go back and check the question after the two day expiration on the tip is over to see if anyone has been selected.

As a regular member you only earn money if you're chosen as the "best answer" but if you get brought on as a Guide you get paid for all your answers. There's a regular base pay, bonus for thumbs up, and extra bonus if you get picked as "best" :)

Don't give up if you don't get picked as the best on all your questions. I know I get annoyed on some that I lose, but ya can't win 'em all (unfortunately) lol

The Freebie Addiction said...

Doesn't KGB pay less than ChaCha or a flat .10 now? That's why I didn't bother with that site, seemed too picky for so little pay.

I'm confused on the paying guide info... so instead of winning 2.00 since most of the answer for money questions seem to be that price. We'd only win a dollar? or a dollar on top of the 2.00, plus whatever we get for thumbs up and answering?

I'm prolly confusing myself lol

JPowell said...

I don't actually know much about ChaCha. The pay with KGB is pretty low - 10¢ for a full answer and 5¢ if you use an answer from the database. I'm not sure what it is with ChaCha since I've never caught them hiring I haven't really looked lol

I'm not sure that KGB (or ChaCha) is really worth the effort, but an extra egg for slow times can never hurt.

As for Guide info, the base pay is 35¢. If you get a thumbs up you get $1 total (base, plus 65¢ as a bonus). If you get "best answer" you would get $2 total (base, plus $1.65 extra as a bonus).

Post a Comment