Wednesday, November 18, 2009

An Apology for my CSN Post

As it turns out this site isn't the saving grace that I thought it would be for our shopping needs this holiday, and I want to apologize for posting about it.

If ever I create a Blacklist on my blog, they'll be on the top of it.

I just received my email letting me know that my order had been canceled, as have others - because they are now saying that you have to spend $50 to use the credit and are claiming that it was in the "terms and conditions" that do not exist anywhere on the welcome emails that we all got. Even worse, they are still allowing members to refer people (thinking that they will get credit) and then the referrals are being informed that the program is no longer running.

I plan to fight them on a personal level to get my free gift, and I suggest that everyone else does that as well.

I also intend to lodge a complaint with the BBB because I really feel like the shady nature of this whole shenanigan should be brought to light. They currently have an A+ record, but I'm not seeing anything A+ about what they've done with this referral program.

Overall I'm very disappointed, and very sorry for the waste of everyone's time.



2 comments:

monika said...

Wow, that's pretty evil of them to even go as far as cancelling existing orders! I'm glad I didn't order yet, I will be cancelling my account with them after reading this. Thanks for letting us know. On a side note: I just got back from Target awhile ago and noticed Circo has very similar items to the wooden Melissa and Doug stuff for way cheaper.

JPowell said...

It is pretty terrible, so far they haven't responded to my mail either which means I may be calling them to fight it that way instead. It's pretty terrible to cancel orders claiming you had a TOS when you didn't, I even looked 3x before posting about the deal haha

Thanks for the Target tip also! I'll have to check it out online and see if I find anything :)

Post a Comment