Thursday, November 19, 2009

One Time Opportunity for $25

Do 10 reviews and earn $25!

This was originally posted on the WAHM boards, I wanted to be sure it was legit before I posted it.

It was a bit of an ordeal for me to actually hear back from them because apparently they manually respond to people who fill out the job posting and they don't respond on weekends - so fill this one out ASAP and if you don't hear back from them visit AroundMe.com and email them through the contact link.

Once I actually got directions from them on what to do, the process was simple. Just write 10 original and detailed reviews on different types of places of 60+ words. Then follow the rest of the directions in the email they send you.

It's a quick $25, the only thing that I don't like is that the reviews actually show your FaceBook picture which makes me a little uncomfortable. I mean seriously... who wants to give a bad review (in a tiny town like mine) when their pic is attached to it? You can remedy this problem, by going to your Settings page and selecting not to show your picture though.

(Proof of Payment)

16 comments:

The Freebie Addiction said...

There's an option on the aroundme app to hide your picture and last name.

JPowell said...

Oh excellent! I had totally missed the settings page before haha

monika said...

I did this one too, great pay for 10 short reviews imo. I haven't gotten my Payment yet, I'm hoping today. I heard the cutoff for these paid reviews is Nov 24th.

JPowell said...

I agree completely, it reminded me of ALikeList, which is something I promoted for a while back. Only cash instead of a gift certificate.

Personally, I like ALikeList better because their search function and business listings are a lot better than AroundMe - but I'm still glad to accept the $25 payment haha

tiff said...

If you get the job do they notify u by email?

JPowell said...

Tiff, I'm not sure because I filled out the form at a weird time apparently...

My take on it is that you fill out the form and are supposed to get an email telling you what to do... which is basically to go to the real site, connect your facebook, do the reviews and then send them an email with two of the places you reviewed.

If you don't hear back from them a few hours after you fill out the form (during business hours) I'd recommend going to aroundme.com, and emailing them from the contact page.

That's what I did lol

tiff said...

ok thank you I filled out the form and it took me back to a blank form thats why i asked!

Tiff said...

Do you review 10 places or 2??? Im confused you said submit them 2 of the places..

JPowell said...

You review 10 (of various types, not all restaurants or whatever) and then they have you email them with two of the places you reviewed for quality assurance (I assume that's why at least).

Tiff said...

Okay thank you Im still waiting for the email from them its been a few hours.

JPowell said...

I'd say if you don't hear back from them early this morning, send 'em an email at http://aroundme.com/page/contact

JPowell said...

Any luck yet Tiff?

Melissa said...

Thanks for posting this!

JPowell said...

Absolutely :)

Tiff said...

Yes i emailed them and got a reply writting my reviews now!

JPowell said...

Excellent! Congrats on the easy $25 hehe

Post a Comment