Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Greenfield Online/Toluna vs SurveyHead

legitimate work at from home jobs divider

I've worked with a few different survey sites over the past few months and for those who have been reading from the start, you'll probably remember me raving about both Greenfield Online and SurveyHead... That's no longer quite as true though.  One of the two has gone completely down the tubes leaving the other in the top slot, without any competition.

Greenfield Online becomes "Toluna":
To date I've made over $90 with Greenfield, but in all honesty I haven't done anything with them in several months.  All those earnings were from in October and November of 2009... Since then, they started their merge with Toluna and went downhill from my perspective. (Proof of Payment)


Surveys used to be worth $X and there were interactive surveys worth $30 or more.  Now that they are becoming Toluna, the value of their surveys is repulsively low.  To earn $20 you have to accumulate 60,000 points on their site.  That means that every point is worth 1/3 of a cent so every 100 points is worth 3.33¢... yes you read that right, it really takes 3,000 to earn a single dollar with them since they made their big switch.

It gets worse though, you might think that a 25 minute survey would pay at least $1 if not more, but you'd be wrong.  Here are some of the numbers for survey offers they've sent me:
  •  25 minutes for 1,500 points or 50¢
  •  20 minutes for 900 points or around 30¢
  •  15 minutes for 3,000 points or $1.00
  •  10 minutes for 6,000 points or $2.00
I know the last two aren't terrible, but anything that pays a dollar or more is incredibly rare with them now.  I don't know about you, but 20+ minutes for 30-50¢ is outrageous if you ask me.

SurveyHead:
I've been with SurveyHead for just as long as I've been with Greenfield and the earnings have been far better with SurveyHead.  From 9/26 to 12/11 (less than 3 months) I made over $94 taking surveys with them.  I fell into a slump where I quite paying attention to my survey sites and my GPTs, but I'm determined to work them back into my routine because they can be such a great way to earn. 

So far I've cashed out with Surveyhead twice, and have over $40 still sitting on my account to withdraw.  (Proof of Payment)

Pros:
You get paid to fill out your profiles (the more profiles you fill out, the more likely you are two get surveys that you qualify for)
Surveys pay $1-$7 on average
None of that 30¢ for a 20 minute survey bologna
LOTS of surveys to qualify for (check back throughout the day for extras)

Cons:
It takes a while for your reward to post to your account
When you cash out, it takes a while for the money to get deposited to your PayPal account

All in all though, SurveyHead has become my #1 pick out of all the survey sites I'm involved with.  I still take part in some of the others, but between my two favorites from 2009, SurveyHead has stomped Greenfield Online now that 2010 is here.
legitimate work at from home jobs signature

3 comments:

♥Nora♥ said...

That's great. I agree about the merging of Toluna and Greenfield. I am disappointed about that. Surveyhead is actually one of my least favorites because I just don't fit the demographic for any of the surveys they have. SurveySpot is my number one for now!

The Freebie Addiction said...

I hated Toluna for that very fact. I was never really into Greenfield, so this doesn't affect me nearly as much. It's sad though that they are resorting to wasting people's time with low payouts.

JPowell said...

@Nora I've never had any luck with SurveySpot, it drives me nuts. I get really deep into surveys and then they decide I'm not qualified. I got $10 out of them and gave up lol I still try the ones that are worth decent points here and there, but not very often since I rarely see anything worth while :( Glad they're working out for someone though!

@Freebie Addict I really loved Greenfield for those $30+ interactive surveys but they seem to have disappeared and the pay is crap on their regular surveys now. Makes me sad, but at least I still have SurveyHead and a few others lol

Post a Comment