Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Celebrating!

legitimate work at from home jobs divider

I woke up this morning and was thrilled to see that after almost exactly 4 months, I had hit 50 followers!  Granted, I would have loved to have hit 50 sooner, I haven't taken advantage of any sort of follower finding sites or anything of that nature.  I also didn't properly setup my blog at it's birth to get the most out of the search engines since I didn't have any clue about that kind of thing.

Regardless, I'm absolutely ecstatic!  I decided to bite the bullet and buy my own domain, and am now trying to figure out how to set it up since I didn't buy it directly through blogger (the easy way) because I think blogger goes through GoDaddy and I've heard that most people don't use them and opt for NameCheap instead.  I have to admit that $8.81 for a domain with free privacy for a year is a pretty great deal!  I actually bought one for this blog and one for my up and coming business site. 

Even more exciting is that by the time I had forced myself to hit the "purchase" button I had gained another two followers.

While I am a little sad to know that my hard earned page rank will reset because of this, but I'm sure I'll get back to where I was in no time.  You should all be forwarded to the new URL through your bookmarks, but in case you aren't the new site will be AtHomeEarning.com after I get the kinks worked out. 


See ya there!
legitimate work at from home jobs signature

4 comments:

Sharon said...

It is very easy to add the purchased name to your blogger site. Its under settings/publishing There are a few settings under GoDaddy's site as well, and they will give you instructions there to make it work with blogger

Congrats on 50 followers!

JPowell said...

Yeah I got it up and running not too long after I made the post. I'm pretty excited about finally making the plunge and getting my own domain.

I also got one for a business site so I'll have to set aside sometime to start setting it up and come up with a layout plan/color scheme etc

♥Nora♥ said...

Congratulations! I just started my blog and I hope to see the success you have had earning at home. Your December earnings were amazing and you have shown me that it can be done! Thanks!

JPowell said...

Thanks Nora :) I'm still in shock at how easy it actually is to make decent money from home, even without being on the phones...

I'm still kicking myself for not figuring out that I could do things like this sooner though. I spent a year unemployed looking for work, and I could have been doing this the whole time >_<

I'm sure you'll see plenty of success also!

Post a Comment