Wednesday, December 30, 2009

December Goal Review

With the closing of December comes my monthly "Goal Review" where I take a look at the month and decide whether or not I have done the things I set out to do. This month, overall I am pretty thrilled with my results. I still need to do a bit of tweaking, but considering this is my 3rd month back in the working from home world and my second month really trying to do freelance work, I am really happy.

1. Earn $400 this month. Check! This was completely blown out of the water. While I don't have the breakdown created yet, I do have pending total for the month. I am still waiting on one payment that should come through today and this doesn't count the checks I received, but right now my earnings stand at $1,154.31 for December! So much for it being a slow month!



That is after all the Elance and Paypal fees by the way. My net earnings totaled $1211.18 minus $56.87 in fees left me with $1154.31.

2. Manage and schedule my time better! Check! This one still needs a little work, but overall I have been doing a lot better. A fair number of my PTCs and GPTs suffered this month but that happened for a myriad of reasons including the fact that the holidays had me a bit busy.

I spent a few bucks on a planner, have been getting up at 6am pretty frequently to work before my family is up and have had a few days where I was totally finished working for the day before my significant other was home, even with breaks and naps ;)

While my scheduling still isn't perfect, it is definitely improving and I am on the right track. Even though I'm in denial about the new year, I'm still preparing for it and it looks like it is going to be amazing thanks to my new freelance work at home jobs/clients and you guys. I fully believe that I wouldn't be working as hard as I am if it weren't for this blog and all the great messages I get about how it's helping people.

Happy (almost) new year everyone!


10 comments:

Theody said...

You may not have set out to inspire others but that is what you have done. You are an inspiration and a source of motivation( I speak for myself). I have followed your blog from the very first post and I am glad that you have shown that working from home can be done.

I know 2010 will be even better.Well done.

Jamie said...

Awesome work! If this was supposed to be a slow month for you, then I cannot wait to see how you do once all the holidays commotion is over. Good job!!!

And you inspire me to! I was terrible at setting goals for myself and following through. Now I am much better, since you are proof work at home can be done.

background pictures for free said...

Wow,just wow! I think I already mentioned that you inspired me. My attention is too scattered to track things as well as you do, but that is why I only plan to have two good paying wfhj. I am one who looks at your blog all the time. Geesh, from $200 to over $1100 in two months. Can't wait to see your totals. I bet your have flabbergasted your hubby and shut him up huh?! lol

JPowell said...

@Theody, I may have inspired others, but all of you have inspired me as well. Hearing about how other people are earning because of what they read here has really helped to keep me going :)

@Jamie, LOL I really did think that December would be slow, but it turned out to be... great! I'm glad you're getting better at goal setting. I'm still working on that also, mostly in the form of schedule goals hehe

@LHQ, He's definitely more of a believer now. I have to admit that he still doesn't grasp the fact that what I do is "work" which means I have to actually have a semi calm environment to do some of it, but he's been happy with the results so far haha

monika said...

Wow you are doing great! What a wonderful way to bring in the New Year, congrats! Happy 2010 - may it be your best year yet! <3

JPowell said...

Thanks Monika :) I hope it will be a great year for all of us! I still can't believe it's 2010 in less than 12 hours...

Sharon said...

Do you plan to continue with PTC's when you are making much better money with writing? The money just seems so negligable, although, every little bit helps as you have said.

Congrats on such a wonderful December! I have referred a co-worker to your blog

JPowell said...

I'm actually debating that very issue. The money is so small compared to what I'm making elsewhere that it almost seems like a waste of time, but every bit does help.

I haven't come to a decision yet, but I think I'm going to try sticking with them a bit longer. I'm hoping to continue getting better at my scheduling and I think I'm going to see if I can squeeze them in somewhere where I won't forget about them haha

JPowell said...

And thanks for spreading the word also Sharon :) I appreciate it!

Alison Moore Smith said...

It has been fun to drop in and follow you. Great work. And I particularly appreciate that you're careful to show NET income, which is the bottom line that really matters.

Keep it up!

Post a Comment