Thursday, December 31, 2009

December Digest

All right!  Here it comes, another monthly digest to show my progress with all the different sites I've signed up with.  I'm going to try and keep it shorter than normal which shouldn't be hard since this month kept me a bit to busy to give these sites as much attention as they deserve.

__________
~*~Gift Cards and Gift Sites~*~
These are the sites I've been working with that offer their rewards in gift cards and prizes.
--------------

iRazoo


Review: iRazoo is a quick way to earn a $5 Amazon card every 10 days.  I have been slacking off a bit with them this past month, but they've been really great none the less.  I've made $20 in Amazon cards with them so far and am still waiting for more to post to my account.



How it Works: Use their search engine to earn 8 points for voting on a site and 8 points for leaving comments about sites, up to 300 points a day.

Tips: Pick a celebrity and search their name, their name pics, their name pictures, their name images, their name news etc.  It will make the process quick and easy ;)

Referral Bonus: You get 50 points for each referral

Earnings: Since 10/16 I've requested 5 Amazon cards for $5 each and have received 4 of them totaling $20. It takes 3-4 weeks for each card's code to be delivered by email, but other than that, I have no complaints. I also have enough points to get another card, but I've decided to start saving up for $15 cards instead to decrease the frequency I have to cash out.  Proof of Payment
__________
Search & Win
SwagBucks

Review: Great site that awards SwagBucks for using their search engine.  Unlimited earning potential, but it's all based on chance so you won't get them every time you search.

How it Works: Earn by searching, finding special codes, signing up for (and reading) their newsletter, etc then cash your SwagBucks in for Amazon cards and more!

Referrals: Two options: A) Become an affiliate and earn $1 per referral B) Refer members and earn 1 swagbuck every time they do, up to 100 swagbucks per referral. 

I like the standard referral option because it has better earning potential, but it's nice to have an option.

Earnings: Since 10/17 I've earned $30 in Amazon cards and $20 in Red Envelope cards.  I still have almost 150 Swagbucks sitting on my account to use towards Amazon cards today most likely.

Amazon cards generally arrive around the 16th or 30th of the month. Proof of Payment
__________
Lockerz.com

Lockerz has been up and down a lot for maintenance this month which caused them to fall off my radar because I've been so busy.  The good news is that they have solved some of their traffic problems and things should be smooth once again.  I know some of you are waiting for invites and I'll have them out today!

How it Works: Earn 2 points for logging in and 2 points for answering a quick question every day then redeem them for whatever prize you'd like.  Electronics, make up, donations, etc.

Prizes are limited right now but their selection is growing.  I'm still excited about this one even if I forgot for most of December.

Referrals: 2 points per referral, once you refer 20 members you get double points for a year! The downside to Lockerz.com is that you have to be invited through their website by a current member so if you'd like an invite please request one from me here.

Earnings: 202 Points since 10/7.
__________
ClubBing

ClubBing.com is a site that I really touch base with here and there. Their prizes are really great and affordable.  If you enjoy playing games online this site is great for you!

How it Works: Play their games and earn tickets for prizes.  They have video games for around 5000 tickets, and if you earn the full 1000 tickets a day, you can really bulk up on prizes.

Tips: Use an Anagrammar to speed up your ticket earnings.  It will help you think of words you normally wouldn't.

Earnings: 3,097 tickets
_________
~*~GPT Sites~*~
GPT sites require patience! The money adds up slowly, but I believe that every little bit helps. These sites will also offer quicker earnings if you are able to round up a few referrals.
-------------


TrekPay

TrekPay gives members instant credit for visiting sites.  Each week the credits are converted to cash, but there's no way to tell how much you'll earn. I've made any where from 49¢ to $1.34 in a week with them. It took me 7 weeks to reach the level needed to cash out with them, but I haven't yet made my request.

How it Works: Visit sites, click the TrekPay logo if you see it and let your credits accumulate.

Referrals: You get credit for advertising purchases made by your referrals (10%) and you also get extra credits when they sign up. As far as I can tell it's just 15 credits per referral once, but I could be wrong - the site doesn't really disclose it either.

Earnings: $6.51 since 10/1/09 in the following breakdown (70¢, 70¢, 71¢, 94¢, 69¢, $1.34, 49¢, and then 94¢ through the month of December because I didn't pay as much attention to it as I should have.)

Cash out Req: $5.50
__________

CashCrate

I still haven't really invested any time in CashCrate, so I haven't cashed out yet, but I think I'm going to try to put some effort into their "offers" soon. They can be a decent source of income, but it takes a lot of organization to remember to cancel before the trials charge through. If you are good at that kind of thing I'd definitely recommend it.

How it Works: They have hundreds of "offers" available on their site and pay you varying amounts to complete them. They also offer two surveys paying 80¢ each daily and have a referral program as well.

Tips: When you sign up use a back up email address not your primary email. You will end up seeing a lot of spam come in after completing their offers, but if you use an alternate email, that won't matter.

Referrals: They pay you 20% of your level one referral earnings and 10% of your level two earnings. On top of that, when your direct referrals reach $10 you earn $3! It's a pretty great referral set up over all if you can get folks to sign up.

Earnings: $7.42 since 9/24 but I haven't made an effort here yet.

Cash out Req: $20
__________

NeoBux

NeoBux has been a pretty decent experience. It's slow building but I don't mind since it takes such minimal effort on my part.

Referrals: As a regular member you get a 1/2¢ per referral click, but this quickly adds up and multiplies. If you choose to become a paying member (which I have not, and probably will not) you earn 1¢ per click.

Earnings: $7.365 earned since 9/21

Cash Out Req: $2


__________
ClixSense

ClixSense is also a very standard PTC program. Their ad values vary but I've never seen one that paid more than 2¢. Occasionally the add will "break out of the frame" as well which means you don't get paid for it and have to wait 30 seconds anyways before viewing the next ad. Aside from that it's a solid site though.

How it Works: Sign up, click ads, wait 30 seconds and move to the next ad. You can also pay $10 to upgrade and get more ads but I don't intend to do this. I may however earn the $10 then use it to upgrade if I feel that it's worth it to do so after that long.

Referrals: You don't really earn for your referrals as a regular member (you get 1¢ when they sign up). You do however get $2 if your referrals upgrade their account. If you upgrade your account then you receive 10¢ for each referral, $2 if they upgrade, $1 if their referral upgrades, commissions on clicks made by your referrals, and so on.

Earnings: $1.85 since 10/28

Cash Out Req: $10 by check only, however when you cash out they charge a $3 processing fee so I suggest waiting until you've accumulated much more than $10.
__________
YouData

YouData is what I consider, the highest quality PTC out there. You get paid to look at the list of ads available, and you get paid to actually follow through and click the ads, which is really innovative. They pay every week no matter how small your balance is, directly to your paypal.

How it Works: Click the ads (they don't show up often) and get instant credit. 

Referrals: You get 1¢ per ad that your referrals view, until you've earned $1.00 from that particular referral.

Earnings: $3.70 earned since 9/21 (I've already deducted the processing fees.) YouData Proof of Payment

Cash Out Req: None, sent automatically each week.
__________
~*~Misc Programs~*~
This includes review sites, snail mail sites, and much more.
--------------
CloudCrowd

CloudCrowd is one of those programs that I still get payments from here and there, but I personally don't visit them any longer.  This is a great egg similar to Mturk, but I personally don't have time to use it at the moment.

How it Works: Workers do random tasks that are posted for the payment listed. It's similar to Mturk but on a much smaller scale and the work only comes from CloudCrowd, it is not posted by external providers.

Referrals: The referral system has some great potential. It goes three levels deep and you earn a percentage of what your Crowd does on each level. Level one is 10.1%, level two is 3.2% and level three is 1.5%.

Earnings: $40.31 earned since 10/6 Cloud Crowd Proof of Payment

Cash Out Req: None, sent automatically, the next day.
__________

PeopleString

Do you get paid to read the junk mail that comes to you door each day? I do because I am a member of PeopleString!

How it works: Sign up, answer a few questions and then wait for your survey card to arrive in the mail. It took about 3 weeks for me to get mine, but it's necessary so they can confirm your address. After that you'll begin receiving other pieces of mail from them. Just visit the site and enter the code to collect your earnings.  I am still waiting on the vast majority of my offers, but I have gotten two in the mail so far.

Referrals: As a standard member you get 50¢ per referral plus 5% of their earnings. You also get 2% of the earnings from folks on the 2nd-6th levels of your down line. This is another one of those programs where you can pay to upgrade your status and earn more, but it's rather costly so I won't ever do it.

Earnings: $24.15 earned since 9/29 (not including the mail that's on it's way to me)

Cash Out Req: $25, sent automatically once a month for standard members.
__________
IMReportCard


IMReportCard pays to write reviews, comment and grade online marketing programs and sites.  The hard part is getting your first review approved, but once you do that you can start earning in other manners.

How it Works: Write brief reviews, leave comments and grade sites to earn points that convert into cash.

Referrals: Their referral program is great (if your referrals get a comment posted) because you earn 100% of what they do. That means if they leave a comment and earn 50¢ so do you!

Earnings: $5.52 earned since 10/3, but I haven't put a lot of time into it.

Cash Out Req: $20.00
__________
LiveWork

LiveWork is a freelance site run by LiveOps that seems to slowly be progressing through their advancement hiccups.

How it Works: Sign up, create a profile, and start applying with whichever jobs you'd like.

I worked on a project that paid 64¢ per task for 5-7 sentence answers.  I have rejoined a team to do the same thing but have yet to see any posted to do.  This has great earning potential but they seem really unorganized.

Earnings: $68.48 earned since 9/24 Proof of Payment
__________
IMShopping

IMShopping is a site that allows you to ask and answer questions about shopping suggestions, pricing, product quality and much more.

I became a paid guide in October and am really loving the site. 

How it Works: As a regular community member you can earn money by answering questions that offer a tip.  If you are selected as the best answer, you win $2.

After answer 25 questions you become eligible to be selected by them as a paid guide where you can earn in the following manner:
35¢ per question answered (must be in your expertise and you must be the first guide to answer)
an extra 65¢ if the asker gives you a thumbs up
an extra 65¢ + $1.00 if you get the "best answer" (this may only apply on tip questions, I'm not sure)

Payments are made on Mondays.

Earnings: $108.25 earned since 10/3 Proof of Payment


Cash Out Req: $40 if you are a community member, $20 if you are a Paid guide
__________
Wanelo

Wanelo is a great community for parents to share their experiences on products of all types through reviews. They have random contests that award $5-25 and sometimes have prize give aways as well.  They recently gave away a Wii Fit for Christmas!

How it works: Register with Wanelo and sign up for their newsletter. Your best bet is to visit the blog to get updates on contest categories so you know what types of reviews you need to do and how to submit your reviews to the contest.

Earnings: $160 earned since 10/15 Wanelo Proof of Payment

Cash Out Req: None, automatically sent if you win.
__________
~*~Surveys~*~
Surveys can take a bit of patience and a lot of dedication. The key is to not give up on them... it's like a seed - you have to plant it and nurture it and then it will give you fruit, shade, and happiness as it grows!
--------------
Survey Spot

SurveySpot is on the bottom of my list for surveys, and I won't be discussing them any further.  Of all the survey sites I have found, this has just not been worth it for me.  They are starting to get more organized, but I no longer feel the need to hold onto them.

How it works: Take surveys and earn points, each point is worth 1¢ and 1000 points are required to cash out.

Earnings: $10 since 9/26.
__________
Greenfield Online

Greenfield Online was slow for me this month, I didn't actually get a single $30 interactive survey like I usually do.  I'm keeping them around though.

How it Works: Sign up, take surveys, earn cash!

Earnings: Since 9/26/09 I've earned $94.00 and cashed out $93. Greenfield Online Proof of Payment

Cash Out Req: None
__________
LightSpeed Panel

LightSpeed Panel has been a disappointment this month (again).  I am still sitting at 2100 points as I have been since October because of the lack of surveys coming out to me.  Once I hit 2300 I plan to take my cash and split unless things pick up quickly.

How it Works: Sign up, complete surveys, instantly earn your reward points, cash them out for whatever you'd like. Surveys credit immediately and you can cash out for different amounts in $5 increments.

Earnings: Since 9/30/09 I've earned 2100/2300 points required for a $20 PayPal deposit.

Cash Out Req: None, just accumulate enough points for the prize you want!
__________
Opinion Outpost

Opinion Outpost seems like a pretty solid site but it has been slow recently as well. 

How it Works: Sign up, complete surveys and earn points. Each point is worth 10¢ and once you reach 50 points you can request an instant Amazon gift code or you can request a check.

Referrals: Opinion Outpost is one of the few sites that offers referral credit. You earn 20 points (or $2.00) for each member who joins the site and successfully completes a survey which is pretty impressive.

Earnings: Since 10/15/09 I've earned $24.30 but I haven't actually requested a payout yet, although I probably should have!

Cash Out Req: 50 points
__________
HCD Surveys

HCD Surveys has potential but it seems to be pretty slow.  I haven't gotten a lof of surveys from them and I've been with them over 2 months.  I assume December is just slow in general since all my survey sites were slow.

How it Works: Sign up, complete surveys and earn points. Each point is worth 1¢ and once you accumulate 1000 points you can request a check.

Referrals: HCD offers 50¢ for referrals. Unlike Opinion Outpost, your referrals don't have to complete a survey, they just have to complete their profile.

Earnings: Since 10/15/09 I've earned $5.70.

Cash Out Req: 1000 points or $10


4 comments:

Theody said...

I signed up for iRazoo under you. Just thought to let you know.

JPowell said...

Thanks :) I really love iRazoo - as soon as I made that above post my 5th card posted to my account lol

Deane said...

How do you earn a $5 Amazon gift card at iRazoo every 10 days? I like earning them on swagbucks and saving them for Christmas, so this sounds ideal.

JPowell said...

Hey Deane! Thanks for popping in ;)

iRazoo is really similar you sign up and use their search function to perform searches much like swagbucks but they operate slightly different.

iRazoo has you comment on the web page you go to and say whether you would recommend it or not. The down side is that you have to be on the website for a minute (used to be 30 seconds) before you can post your comment and move on.

You get 8 points for the comment and 8 points for voting so 16 points per site, and 300 points max per day which results in a $5 Amazon card every 10 days (costs 3000 points).

You can use one query to vote/comment on 3 different sites, then you have to use a new search query. I recommend using something like Nevada, Nevada Hotels, Nevada Maps, Nevada state flower - etc this way you don't actually have to strain for search ideas.

Post a Comment