Thursday, December 3, 2009

November Goal Review

Overall I did well for the month, but I don't feel that I met all of my goals. Two of them were met with no questions asked, but two were not up to par in my eyes. I'll have to try harder in December!

1. To earn $300 worth of spendable cash by the end of the month. That means that only money that makes it to my bank account or PayPal account will be included in the tally.
Check! I totaled $777.28 during the month of November, however I would have liked to have earned $300 from non private gigs.



2. Create (and consistently utilize) a daily schedule so I can maximize my earnings.
Huge Fail! I could call this a success but I think I would be selling myself and you short if I did.
While I did meet my monetary goal, my scheduling still needs a lot of work. I feel like I could have earned more from my little eggs than I did because I was spending too much time on private hire work. I made $174.61 from my little eggs, which isn't terrible but I am not pleased. I need to find a better scheduling method for myself so I can reach my $400 monthly goal without counting client income.

3. Sign up with a freelance writing site and write at least 4 articles during the month to start getting my feet wet.
Semi Fail. I signed up with TextBroker and wrote 2 articles so I did about 60% of this goal. Overall this month I wrote well over 50 articles for private clients though.

4. Find a new private contract freelance gig.
Check! I managed this one with flying colors.
Private clients for the month included:
Two weekly propagation projects for different clients
One content writing project
One full service niche blog development client (writing, posting, marketing, etc)
One ad posting client
One virtual assistant position (was temporary and is now finished)
One unofficial propagation client

Of all of those 7 clients, 5 are ongoing projects (no end date known yet), one no longer needs my services, and the other is unofficial but ongoing... so that's not bad overall.

4 comments:

Tiff said...

Hello I was wondering how you get private clients? Your blog is really helping me out, with using ur ref links i made more this month so far then I did since 2008 I think which I am really glad about!! Your a really big help to moms or anyone for that fact that need to make extra cash!!

JPowell said...

Thanks so much Tiff :) I'm glad it's helping you... these things have done wonders for me. I was out of work for over a year and gave up on finding an out of the house job that would fit my family's schedule.

I just wish I had started doing these things sooner now that I've seen how quickly things add up.

I recommend job forums (like wahm.com or workplacelikehome.com etc) and freelance websites for finding private clients. I know there are leads on Craigslist, but I have never seen one pan out there so I don't waste my time with it.

Don't be afraid to approach people who offering jobs. The more times you offer your services the more likely you are to get a client. It's like sales, the more you pitch your product, the more you sell it and the more money you make.

monika said...

Wow, you're doing so good w/ your earnings, congrats!

JPowell said...

Thanks Monika Great new picture (congrats again!) :)

I'm thinking that this month may not be as profitable since people are spending money on gifts and what not instead of hiring freelancers, but only time will tell!

Post a Comment