Sunday, September 27, 2009

LiveWork

I recently joined up with LiveWork - a splinter company of LiveOps. (It's somewhat similar to oDesk.) I've been doing small scale "freelance" writing for a couple of different providers.

Nothing fancy, just short answers to queries that have been accumulated into a list. The pay isn't amazing but after you get used to the work and gain a bit of momentum, it can be decent money. Not "pay the bills" decent, but definitely "put groceries on the table" decent - which is what I'm primarily shooting for to start with.

I've really enjoyed it for the most part. It's a bit monotonous, but you learn some interesting things and there's absolutely no schedule at all. Just answer as many questions as you like, as often as you like, whenever you want.

The two projects I was on are coming to an end though, and I'm not sure whether new ones will be presented immediately or not.

I would definitely recommend LiveWork to people who are looking for supplemental income, even just to browse over once in a while - there's a variety of work, and although it's small now I assume it will blossom as oDesk did.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I applied for some stuff on Livework a couple of weeks ago and never heard back on anything. Am I missing something?

JPowell said...

Melissa, depending on what you applied for the projects may currently be closed.

I'd suggest contacting the providers of the jobs to see if they can provide you with any sort of update on their jobs.

I will say that the query projects are currently being revised after the last batch. The system had no checks in place so people were plagiarizing and failing to fulfill length requirements etc.

Livework insists that they'll be up soon, however they won't give an actual date. I was hoping they'd be up by the end of the month but it isn't looking optimistic. Hopefully early Nov

Post a Comment