Monday, January 31, 2011

Snow, Health and a New Job in 2011!

legitimate work at from home jobs divider
2011 has been coming at us non stop!  It's been quite the roller coaster ride and we're only finishing up the first month of it now!  

Weather:
I hope everyone out there has been staying safe and warm through all the crazy weather that's pouring down on so much of the country.  We've been buried (repeatedly) under mountains of snow, including over a foot of it last week, with a possibility for more sometime in the next few days.  Being from Texas all these "weather days" and "delayed starts" that the schools have are driving me nuts!  I don't think I ever had a weather day in my life, and my son has had several closings and late starts in the past two weeks.  He's going to be in school until July at this rate!

Family:
On the other hand, this was also a blessing because he fell victim to a horrible cold that was keeping him out of school anyway, so at least he didn't miss as many lessons as he would have without the snow.  He was also gracious enough to share it with me and we're both still trying to shake it off over two weeks later!  

Hubby also applied with another fire company and tested with them earlier this month.  He has been working out pretty regularly since then while loading up on the Whey Protein drinks and cutting down on the carbs (I'm still looking for a natural energy/health drink in my area - maybe something like Naked Juice - Green Machine, only cheaper and available in my area) .  

After waiting a few weeks (which is actually quick for this kind of thing) his results came in today letting him know that he passed and is invited to continue on with the application process!  Naturally positions in that field have a slow and extensive hiring process so it will be months until he makes any further progress, but this is certainly a wonderful start to a new career for him and a new year for us!

Work:
I know this is the real point of interest here, and I'm happy to say that I actually have something noteworthy to share!  After applying repeatedly over the years to assorted "website rating" type companies (you know, the ones with the heavy Non Disclosure Agreements that stop us from talking about anything in non-riddle form), I finally heard back from one!  I had applied with them in November and heard back in late December at which point I started the first phases of their application and hiring process.  Slowly I made it through the steps one by one, only to find out that they didn't know when the next training session would be, although it was presumed to be in the Spring sometime.  

Then, right around the middle of the month, I got another email letting me know I could begin training (almost immediately)!  I've since passed the training and am preparing to move into production with them, but let me say that the battle isn't over yet!  While these jobs are sought after (and for very good reason since they pay so well and don't require phone work) they are oh so very stressful seeming!  I'll definitely be walking on eggshells and crossing my fingers every night before bed, hoping that I don't get let go... I'm incredibly excited regardless though, because this truly is a wonderful opportunity!

If you've applied with these companies and haven't heard back from them, I would recommend that you keep trying!  The work is somewhat difficult and stressful, but if you can handle it (and I'm hoping I can) then it is well worth the reward!  Remember that it can take a while to hear back from them though, so don't be discouraged if you don't get a prompt response!

As you can see, our 2011 has started off with a bang!  What has 2011 delivered to your doorstep this year?  

legitimate work at from home jobs signature

No comments:

Post a Comment