Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy 2011!

legitimate work at from home jobs divider
Yet another year has come and gone in our lives.  Looking back on this past year, I definitely can't say that I accomplished everything I set out to, but I enjoyed 2010 none the less.  My search for legitimate work from home jobs and earning opportunities fell to the wayside as I dealt with other things - but I'm hoping to get back on track in 2011!

Here are my "Resolutions" for 2011 - (They're a lot less monetary and a lot more personal this year.):

1.  Be a better Wife!  Can't we all do a little something to be a better spouse... Like being more supportive, more positive or more affectionate?

2.  Be a better Mother!  With so much focus on working and finding legitimate work from home jobs and opportunities I often feel like I'm not spending enough time with our little one after he gets home from school, so it's time to change that!

3.  Be better to Myself!  This one should be on everyone's list, especially all the mothers out there.  With all the other things we have on our plate (kids, cooking, cleaning, working from home etc) we almost never take any time for ourselves.  This year I'm going to try to spend more time nurturing my mind by reading books that aren't by Dr. Seuss (I'm thinking of starting with The Count of Monte Cristo), getting a regular 8+ hours of sleep at night and I'm going to make an effort to improve my health (both inside and out).

4.  Be better to my Extended Family!  With the economy the way it is, and my lack of steady employment lately, I haven't been able to visit my extended family (half way across the country) in over a year.  I'm also not the best about writing or calling them, so this year I'm going to make an effort to call or write several family members every other week.  They deserve to know what's going on, and the holiday season reminded me how wonderful it is to talk to them all.

5.  And last, but not least - Be better to You!  At the very least I'm going to aim for weekly updates until I'm back in the habit of regularly blogging.  All you ladies (and gentlemen) have really been wonderful over the past year and a half, and you all deserve better from me!  

How about you guys... I certainly hope your 2011 is off to as wonderful a start as possible.  I feel like mine is going quite well *knock on wood* and I do have some job oriented plans in the works, but at the moment I don't want to jinx them!  

How did you do with last year's goals?  What are your goals 2011?


legitimate work at from home jobs signature

2 comments:

Anna said...

Sounds like you have some wonderful goals! I really want to increase my passive income in 2011 by posting a lot of content to Suite 101, Hubpages, and places like that. I'd like to get to the point where I'm earning at least $200 a month from that alone.

JPowell said...

That's definitely an admirable goal! I really want to get into the passive income world, but I just can't bring myself to do it yet.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to find a decent work at home job this year that will let me earn a comfortable (supplemental) income and leave me some time to work on passive income as well.

I just can't make myself focus on passive opportunities until I have something for the present as well lol I need that semi instant gratification ;)

Post a Comment